Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Sony model KP 51 WS 510 PURCHASED 11-08 2003. PICTURE IS TOO

Customer Question

sony model KP 51 WS 510 PURCHASED 11-08 2003. PICTURE IS TOO BIG FOR SCREEN.TOP AND BOTTOM GETS CUT AND RIGHT AND LEFT SIDES AS WELL. HOW DO I FIX IT. HAVE TRIED CHANGING BETWEEN WIDE SCREEN OPTIONS, NO RESULT. NEED YOUR HELP, THANK YOU.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect
Zoom
HD Zoom
Ratio
(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. Let me know what happens.

If the image is STILL too big, then please try another source- such as a DVD player and let me know if the image is still too large.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.