Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Unwanted powering off I have my User Manual and the

Customer Question

unwanted powering off I have my User Manual and the troubleshooting page says to check if "sleep timer" has been enabled. Where do I locate this function on t.v.?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. In order to determine what's causing this- I need more info from you.

1) What exactly is the TV doing or not doing?

2) What is the full mode number off the back of the Samsung?

3) How long have you owned the set for please?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
T.v. powers off on it's own.2)UN40F5500AF 2 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have Directv. How do I work with just the Samsung tv remote without using the Directv remote to undertake a solution to the problem which you are assisting me with?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The TV powering off on it's own does not have anything to do with Sleep Timer, unless you're seeing a sleep countdown message before it happens. When did the TV start doing this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About a week ago and it seems to occur in the evening hours. I have had the t.v. set on for 8 hours today and it hasn't powered off ... but this evening it will continue to do this over and over again
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Does the TV show a countdown before it shuts off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. It just goes to a black screen and then turns off
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, this is an intermittent fault in the TV in most cases. Please go into the TV's MENU and find the option to reset to factory defaults and click OK. If you can't find this option let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But how do I work with just the t.v. remote without using the Directv remote?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The DirecTv remote has nothing to do with the TV settings- just grab the Samsung remote and go through the MENU to reset the TV. Not sure where you're having problems with the Samsung remote?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I'll try this. I need to go to another room. Thank you for your patience with my inept tech capabilities!
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I've really messed up. Help. Call me please!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well. I see that you cannot call me. I can't find the option to reset factory defaults.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I HAVE FIXED THE PROBLEM!!!!!