Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I HAVE A EMERSON TV/ DVD combo. It's a 22 in. I've had it

Customer Question

I HAVE A EMERSON TV/ DVD combo. It's a 22 in. I've had it about 6 yrs. The other night after watching a DVD, the unit went out, lost power. There was no kind of warning. Everything was working fine up to that point.
Do you know, or have an idea , what might have happened?
Thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Sorry you are having trouble here, is there any power-light lit on the front of the set? can you hear any clicks?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing. No light. Don't hear any clicks

Hello

In every case where their is no power light lit and you are sure their is power reaching the set the back of the set will need to come off (set unplugged from the wall)and some checks carried out using a meter (volt\amps\resistance)this is just to verify if the powerboard is bad, are you able to do that yourself?if so please let me know I will provide more details, the most likely suspect as it stands now is the power-board/power-section itself.

Please let me know if you can do work or need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony