Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

We had a storm last night and my lg TV has been stuck on the

Customer Question

Hello! We had a storm last night and my lg TV has been stuck on the "Life's Good" screen.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

I see you have re-booted the set OK the likelihood is that the firmware has took a hit from the storm, now you have ran out of warranty but do not worry there will be a grace period in most cases that period is upto 4 weeks, so please contact LG via the website however do NOT mention the storm.....

If you have any problems please come back here so bookmark this page and we will move on with it however in my experience the manufacturer usually cover this.

Let me know if you need more help

Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Its likely LG will replace the main-board

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope they are not budging on the expired warranty.

Are you speaking with the right people ?did you ask to speak with someone senior about this?the first contact at customer services is no good you have to get past them

Let me know

I come across this quite a lot and its your tactics on the phone that gets you re-dressed

If it doesnt work out and we do have to replace the main-board this is going to be expensive for a set of this age

Even if you can do this yourself (with my help)

There also my be an option were they may extend the warranty but you will need to pay and then action the fix

Or you pay labor charges only this is not what you want but may be a cheaper option

In most cases I see if you get past first contact customer services and complain vehemently you are usually helped

Outside of all this you should leave the set disconnected from wallpower with all inputs out for 8 hours or more then try again the set is not booting rather like the way a computer gets stuck at the entry screen

Let me know which way you think you are going

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to try and escalate with LG and see what happens
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long do I have before I can no longer reach out to you guys without having to pay again?

Yes push on there and let me know how it works out you are only a couple of weeks out .....they should help you

Please remember to rate the answer positively so I receive credit from the site thank you, please note the question remains open always should you need more help no further charges

Thanks again

Anthony

Do you still need help with this please?

Anthony