Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.
42300671

My husband is bedridden, recently the lamp blew out. one of

Customer Question

My husband is bedridden, recently the lamp blew out. one of the kids misplaced the remote
before the new lamp arrived. Dish cannot configure the TV to cable without the remote.
How can I get a remote for modelKDF-E42A10? What is the cost?
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Sony.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Has the lamp been replaced? Does the TV turn on normally now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it comes on
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

OK, great! So the only problem at this point is you don't have the original remote for the Dish folks to configure the system?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we need a remote
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I understand. There are 2 solutions here. The first is to track down an original Sony remote for your exact model. The second is to use a "universal" remote from a local electronics retailer. The universal remote would be cheaper, and you can get it today. The Sony remote would be more expensive, you'd have to wait for shipping, but there's a chance it would be more compatible with your TV than the universal.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Give me a minute and I'll get you the prices.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

OK. The original Sony remote isn't available "new" anymore but you can get one on eBay (click here). Since that original remote is used, it's actually cheaper than many universal options. So the benefit to the universal in your case, would be that you can get it today. You can expect to spend $10-$20 at a local electronics retailer.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

For the universal, any manufacturer is fine. You'll find most are made by RCA or Logitech. Either is good for what you're trying to do.

Let me know if you need anything else. Oh, and please take a second to rate the service I provided (there should be a 5-star scale on your page somewhere). Don't worry, that won't close your question and you can still respond back at any time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I find out which remote works with the KDF-E42A10
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

For the universal ones, you mean?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No for the ones on EBay
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Oh. The link I provided will take you directly to the original remote for your model.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Look up a little in our chat, and you'll see a link that says (click here). Click that, and you'll go straight to the page.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need help with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought the Univ remote. It still does not do the job. I think we'll just have to save up for a TV. I was not able to get
the remote for this model. Thanks. I cant continue to wait. Thanks for your help. Discontinue the service.