Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have Vizio mod. no. 10223610222 flat screen led tv serial

Customer Question

I have Vizio mod. no. *********** flat screen led tv
serial no. LAUFTBAR1802618
purchashed from amazon this year, it has developed a small crack in the upper left
corner of the screen, this has caused color stripes in the picture.
am i in warranty? thanks, ***** ***** 1-***-***-**** ***@******.***
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello John, and sorry you're having problems. Unfortunately crack in the screen is not covered under warranty- as it's only ever caused by pressure put on the screen and the manufacturer won't cover this. The same goes for cell phones, tablets and E-readers. To fix the set would require the entire LCD panel be replaced- which is the most expensive component in the TV, and requires it so be rebuilt from the inside out to swap the screen. As far as the cost of the screen (and that is when it's able to be found), it is typically 80% of what the TV cost when new. I'm sorry for the bad news on this one, and wish there were a quick fix.

What I would suggest "trying"- since it wouldn't hurt, is to call Vizio at the number below and see if there is anything they can do for you:

VIZIO:

To obtain warranty service, contact VIZIO Technical Support via email: *****@******.*** or via phone at(###) ###-####from 7:00AM to 11:00PM Monday through Friday and 10:00AM to 6:00PM Saturday and Sunday, Central Time, or visit www.VIZIO.com. Pre-authorization must be obtained before sending any product to a vizio service Center. Proof of purchase in the form of a purchase receipt or copy thereof is required to show that a Product is within the warranty period.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know when you are able to see my reply. Please scroll up to see all replies.