Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Panasonic vierra tv about 8 years old, it seems to

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic vierra tv about 8 years old, it seems to be stuck on DVB and I cant get out back to AV or HDMI?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. What exactly shows on the screen when you use the "AV" "Input" button on the Panasonic remote?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Does it simply stay stuck on DVB- or does the Input change on the corner of the screen please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
top left hand corner on screen a small blue box showing number 2 evrytime I press the AV button, it ends up as 222 and stays stuck on DVB
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, this is either a lockup of the Mainboard or a hardware issue in the TV.

There's a processor on the Mainboard- which changes and controls the AV Inputs (HDMI 1, component, etc.) and this is what is causing the problem. Please disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 15 seconds and release. Wait a minute then plug the set back in and tun it on. Then let me know if the Input AV button on the Panasonic remote changes the Input at all. Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1 MOMENT
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, no problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still stuck on DVB
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this is a hardware issue in the TV, and in most cases requires the Mainboard be replaced. The only other thing you can try on a user level is to leave the set unplugged for several hours or more in the hopes that it resets. Beyond that the Mainboard does require replacement which is on average a $300 repair on this set- and that is if we can find a Mainboard (the part is showing out of stock from all suppliers). However if you'd like you can use the link below to locate a tech in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I just noticed you're in Australia so that repair locator will not work.