Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Technician
Experience:  25 + Years experience repairing TVs, VCRs Computer etc.
11519491

I HAVE A SAMSUNG HLS56187 THAT IF i TURN IT ON AND PLAY IT

Customer Question

i HAVE A SAMSUNG HLS56187 THAT IF i TURN IT ON AND PLAY IT FOR HOURS IT WILL NOT GO OFF. IF I TURN IT OFF IT WILL NOT COME BACK ON
Category: TV
Expert:  Master Fix It replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your TV?

Also did the old lamp blow? Please explain.

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Louie,
My husband has been a technician for over 50 years! We also own our own business.
This set has a November 2006 manufacture date! The customer had replaced the lamp before we got the set!
We replaced the lamp and it played about 8 hrs.We turned it off and the next morning it would not come back on. Lamp #
B96-0147A Note:The same thing happened with the customer and we assumed he had a bad bulb!

Hi thanks, ***** ***** of life at all from the Tv any blinking Light or clicking?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lamp light is blinking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Out to lunch! Be back 2:30.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Back from lunch! Any luck in finding a solution?

Hi, its possible the lamp was defective, but I would suspect the lamp driver(ballast).

That part supplies the high voltage needed to power the lamp and it sometimes will fail after a lamp replacement.

It is easy to replace and I will help, there is no soldering needed just a couple of plug in connectors is all.

You can get a replacement lamp ballast from this link: https://www.partstore.com

I would call to place the order: 1-***-***-****

I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Tech Michael