Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a 47" Magnavox LCD tv that randomly shuts off (on/off

Customer Question

I have a 47" Magnavox LCD tv that randomly shuts off (on/off light dark) then turns itself back on. I bought the power supply repair kit and changed 11 capacitors and 2 diodes. The tv is still doing the same thing.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Can you describe the "light /dark" are you referring to the power-light?

What does the power-light do when it shuts off?the power-light is a good indicator of issues

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The power light goes dark, not to red stand by mode, when the tv shuts off. The light will go back to green when tv randomly comes back on. The on time ranges from a couple of seconds to up to an hour. When the tv has been placed in standby mode, the tv will randomly turn itself on.

You need to replace the main-board.

You need to get the back off the set, locate the main-board thats the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the part-number try www.shopjimmy.com first, if they dont have it google the part-number to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play)

Let me know if you need more info/help

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would to like get a positive result before I give a rating. To do that I will need to get a replacement main board which will take about a week. How do I go about continuing this session at a later date?

Yes that is no problem please just bookmark this page, if you need more help let me know

Anthony