Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a 3 plus year old flat screen. I was getting some

Customer Question

I have a 3 plus year old flat screen. I was getting some wavy lines in what had been a crystal clear picture. I went into menu, pressed some wrong button, got message about running autoscanner. have no idea how to do that. help
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What is the brand and model number of the tv?
What is connected to the tv? (cable/satellite, dvd, game, etc)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
vizio, flat screen, 32 inch, cable, dvd player
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1080, 3 years old. how run autoscanner?? I cannot get tv picture until I do this??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just need one answer, not months of tech help. i can pay once, but will need to cancel future. my question is one time
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I would need the complete model number of the tv, all of what you sent are features, not a model number.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

The only way you would/should run the auto scan is if you use the tv with just an antenna, or basic cable. If you use a cable box, satellite box, etc then you don't need to do this. Just press the back or exit button on the remote, or even unplug power to the tv for a minute if you have to.

You then need to simply set the tv to the proper input mode, such as hdmi1 for example, or wherever your cable/satellite is connected to.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Please reply to me back here on the original question only. Opening a new question costs you more and hinders my ability to reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never got an answer. basic cable. vizio NS-32L240A13, flat, 32, accidently got run auto-scanner, no tv pic, do not know how to run auto-scanner, stuck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LCD. I push buttons including exit, unplug, no change
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where on this screen would I get a response?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have not changed question. original stands.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I sent you an initial answer, but I cannot provide anything more specific without the requested detail from you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

With basic cable (no box, a cord directly from cable wall jack to tv), you have to first set the tv input/source mode to TV

From there you go into the setup menu using the tv remote, into CHANNELS , and there you'll see the Auto Scan function (do so in Cable mode).

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgj1k

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,