Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Mitsubishi WD 73727 rear DLP. I took out the light

Customer Question

I have a Mitsubishi WD 73727 rear DLP. I took out the light engine to clean the color wheel. After I put everything back together, I get a status saying circuit failure or DVI not connected. I think I put the ground wire from the chassis back in the wrong place, but now I have no idea where it goes. Thoughts?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info of TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem.

- What is the error code you get from TV?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't get a picture. When I turn it on, it shuts off after about 2 mins. The status LED turns solid red. According to the service manual, that indicates either DVI cable not connected or a short circuit. The DVI cable is connected.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, can you get the error code from TV through following procedure which will help to troubleshoot the problem..

Pressing the front panel “DEVICE” and “MENU” buttons at the same time, and holding for 5 seconds, activates the Error Code Mode. The LED flashes denoting a two digit Error Code, or indicating no problem has occurred since the last Initialization.

Example: If the Error Code is “23”, the LED will flash two times, pause, and then flash three times.

Do you get any error code from TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a device button?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

It could be labeled as Source or Input button on TV.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
16
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry this error code isn't listed anywhere, have you rechecked all the connectors that were removed to take out light engine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It could be 61...
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Only 51 code available related to this model and indicates speaker drive circuitry short detected. Not sure how this TV can display different error code that aren't listed.

Have you rechecked all the connectors that were removed to take out light engine?