Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have an Samsung UN55ES6100FXZA LED TV that won't turn on.

Customer Question

I have an Samsung UN55ES6100FXZA LED TV that won't turn on. In the morning before turning the TV on, the red light in the lower right corner was on. I pressed the power button on the remote as I normally do and the red light began to blink 5 times then about a 5 to 10 second pause and 5 blinks again. This repeated continuously. I've reviewed some videos on the internet and learned that there are 3 basic circuit boards in the TV. I have some technical skills and would like to repair the TV at the board level. I thought you would know (by the symtoms) which board is causing the problem.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

OK thanks for the excellent description of the issue.

We need to follow a procedure and the start of the procedure is to unplug the set from wallpower wait 5 mins then replug the set back in again, let me know the result of that check first please thank you.

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did that - no change

OK you now need to examine visually the capacitors on the power-board they will be grouped in a corner of the board you need to examine them for leaking/ballooning up /raised domed tops, the power-board is found by tracing the power-cord to it

http://snag.gy/OJw8p.jpg <<click

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I'll do that but it will take a few minuets.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All capacitors look normal and there is no sign of overheating on the top side of the board

OK please replace the main-board that is the one with all the AV connectors attached

You need to get the back off the set, locate the main-board thats the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the part-number try www.shopjimmy.com first, if they dont have it google the part-number to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play)

Let me know if you need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead please get back to me and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK - Since I've already removed the back to check the capacitors it should be a simple matter to remove that board.

OK that is great

Let me know if you need more help, please note the question will remain open should you need further help after rating the answer thank you

Anthony

Let me know if you still need help with this please

Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony