Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Vizio tv that was been working just find a year.

Customer Question

I have a Vizio tv that was been working just find for over a year. Last nigth after watching
a netflix movie we pressed the red off button on netflix remote. The TV when black. We can not turn the tv on. Our model is E70o1-a3.
Can you help?
Larry Helseth (###) ###-####
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello Larry- and sorry you're having problems. Offhand, this issue is a fault with the TV's Mainboard- which is what processes the Internet Apps, AV Inputs and the On/Off commands. In many cases this requires the Mainboard be replaced.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up. Try this procedure up to 3 times if subsequent tries do not work. Let me know what happens please.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to see my reply?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If the issue still persists, then the Mainboard in the TV, which is a plug and play board- needs to be replaced. The part is available at the link below for purchase:

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/vizio-main-board-y8386242s-for-e701i-a3-0170car00100/281570492.html?listingId=411614570&sclid=pla_google_FTVParts&adid=29963&rmatt=tsid(###) ###-####7ccid###-##-####7cagid:14870303929%7ctid:aud-63219930917:kwd-109883890129%7ccrid:60879544009%7cnw:g%7crnd:2078307027832963159%7cdvc:c%7cadp:1o3&gclid=Cj0KEQjwkqKxBRCIrK_riNm13Z8BEiQAdzdVkDqKeap2xoWvXFbq7OEq3LY0N0fUDoxThUw-0VTfEicaAmkK8P8HAQ

The board is $87 and change and can be swapped out with nothing more than a screwdriver.

Alternatively, if this is not something you're comfortable with, a shop will typically charge $275 parts and labor for this repair and can be located at the following link:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?