Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Daewoo Plasma dgital dream, bit suddenly when i

Customer Question

i have a Daewoo Plasma dgital dream, bit suddenly when i light it it on, the sreen remain black! Can you help me to understand the cause & solution x repair!? THX AP
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Is the power-light lit as though it is in the ON mode?

If so is there any sound please?

I will need the model number please found on the back of the set thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Anthony. Yes, when the TV is on standby the light is red. When i press the power button on the remote, there is a click that you can ear & the green light on the stand by operate switches on. The model is DP-42GP or last 2 digit..(SP)/(WP)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The screen remain black....and no other function from the remote seem to ne working(ie. Input, volume, etc.)!?

So it goes to green the light there is no sound and no picture if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please (this check is necessary to rule out any signal issue )

Let me know please

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anthony, if i press on the menu/input button on TV or remote, notthing comes up...the screen stays black..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is like there is no input/signal...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Of course the TV is on & the green power light is still on...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Anthony, Any feedback on what the issue is & on how to solve!? Thx AP

Sorry for delay I have only just got my connection back

You have a problem with one of the boards in the set it could be one of the scan boards the power-board or the mainboard any one of those boards will give you this symptom so we need to make checks with a meter can you use a voltmeter?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Anthony, yes i can but i must get one from a friend tonorrow morning! What should i test, on what scale, pls give me some additional details. Anyway i will nerd to get the TV off the wall & open it....so tell me which component i should verify? Thx

No it does not work like that please get the meter first and we move on one stage at a time

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, no problem, but do i need to take the TV off the wall & open it?

Yes there is no other way

Ultimately checks are made a board is decided upon to be replaced the board ordered then fitted in the set

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Anthony, i finally got the tester & managed to get the TV set out from tge wall Bracket. So what should i do (test)next? Thx

Just to clarify for sure there definitely is no menu displayed when you press the menu button of the sets own remote control?

If so the first checks are the Vs and Va supply voltages on the power-board, these will be labelled on the power-board set in the ON mode red lead to test point black lead to metal chassis meter set to dc

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
correct no menu show up on the screen when pressing on the menu fnct on remote or TV.OK, so i need to open the back panel of the TV? The TV needs to be connected to the power supply? Remember i am not an expert in elettronics so you will need to give me detailed instructions...ok!? Thx

I am sorry I have just been called into work I will open the question to other experts please hold on

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If necessary, can i supply you with pictures? If yes, which would make it easier how fan i load then or send them to U?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am still waiting forma Someone to come back to me & help identify the issue with my TV unit & recommend a solution!? THX AP
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Anthony, since the 23/10 nobody gas come back to me to sorta my problemi & help me find the correct solution...!? Can you pls reply.THXAP