Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Vizio TV Model VW42L FHDTV10A Mfg 2008 picture is

Customer Question

My Vizio TV Model VW42L FHDTV10A Mfg 2008 picture is flashing off and on. It doesn't flash to black screen it just flashing within the program. It will eventually go to a blue screen that says " no support ". After turning it off overnight I turned it back on in the morning and it played fine until it warmed up (5-10 mins) and started flashing.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. In order to determine what's causing this, I need to ask you for more information.
1) How long have you owned the set for and when did the problem occur?
2) What is connected to the TV for sources (cable box, DVD player, etc.), and does this issue occur regardless of which source you're viewing from?
3) When the screen goes to blue- If you press MENU using the original TV remote, or the MENU button on the TV itself- does the MENU display normally?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have owned our Vizio for about 5 years ??
The DirectTv box, Roko and DVD player. Have not tried anything but Direct.
Haven't tried Menu yet but it will take a few minutes to try because I haven't had the tv on this morning. It all will work fine until it warms up.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. Offhand the issue appear "source-related"- meaning the TV is losing signal from the DirecTv box. This is likely caused by a failing/intermittent or loose HDMI cable. However we would need to know if you can get the same issue to occur with another source to determine that.

Try another source at length (Roku or DVD player), and if the set never has this problem with another source- then the DirecTv box or HDMI cable is the root cause of the problem. You would want to replace the HDMI cable first, and if it persists, then have DTV swap out their box as it would appear to be a heat-related issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does this help time-out? I need time to check all my devices.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

No it does not. You can reply back at any time.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Has another device had the same problem after 5-10 minutes?