Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I cannot adjust volume on my TV with any remote controls.

Customer Question

I cannot adjust volume on my TV with any remote controls. Volume is only accessible manually . What can i do ?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info of TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem.
- Do the other buttons on remote work on TV like power or source etc?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

- Is there any sound system/ sound bar connected to TV?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, source does not work either. The TV does not power off with control..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The devices connected are DirectV.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, it seems remote sensor failure and IR Sensor board on TV isn't working thus TV doesn't receive remote infrared signals.

- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If it doesn't fix the issue then need to replace remote sensor (IR board) in TV which will help to resolve the problem. If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.