Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My Visio E500d-AO tv interrupts streaming shows (netflix)

Customer Question

My Visio E500d-AO tv interrupts streaming shows (netflix) frequently. It has done this since we first got the tv, but I thought it was an internet feed (dsl) problem so lived with it.
Due to other problems we have gone through our dsl feed and know now that that is not a problem, yet the interruptions on the tv continue, only with greater and greater frequency. Now, we typically lose netflix 3-5 times per 1/2 hour episode, regardless of what is being watched.
When watching a video through the dvd/blue ray player, there are no interruptions.
Any suggestions? I'm basically ready to throw this thing out.
Thanks,
Tim
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

How far is the tv from the router?
Does it happen with any other apps (youtube, hulu, etc)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
15ft or so. maybe 17ft.
unaware of any interruption problems other than netflix; haven't used youtube for weeks. I'm thinking it is a netflix thing, which we use a lot.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

There can be some settings here, but the dsl connection may be the core of the issue.

Can you try a wired ethernet connection, direct from tv to router, so we can isolate this being a wifi issue? (meaning wifi adapter in the tv, not your router/modem)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you suggesting I get a 10/100 to hdmi cable?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did I lose you or are you still there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nathan, in 60 sec's I log off. I need an answer; I cannot sit here all day with no response. kARE YOU THERE?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, when you send mulitple replies, you get lost in the queue and I get none of them

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

And this has nothing to do with hdmi.

I am saying to plug an ethernet/lan cable into the ethernet port on back of the tv, and other end into the router.

http://amzn.to/1LMwXJc