Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My RCA 65" LCD, was unplugged while painter's were in the

Customer Question

My RCA 65" LCD, was unplugged while painter's were in the family room (an entire afternoon). When I reconnected the power and turned the cable box on I received a message "Your HDTV does not support HDCP please use YPrPb component connection to watch tv."
This had never been an issue before, what must I do?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, That message is simply an HDMI miscommunication error- and in most cases is fixed by a simple reboot of the system. If not, then you would need to replace your HDMI cable. You make no mention of what "source" is connected to the TV (DirecTv Box, Cable Box, etc.), or the cabling used- but this is the most common cause of this problem.

Please follow these steps:

1) Shut the TV off and disconnect the cable/SAT box from power (unplug it).

2) Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends- making sure it is secure.

3) Plug the cable/SAT box back in and once it starts rebooting, turn the TV ON and then use the RCA remote to select the correct "Input/Source" setting that you normally view your programming from.

Let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know once you've viewed my reply and tried those steps above. Please scroll UP the page to see all replies.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.