Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I bought a 75" Sony TV. I connected it to a DVR, then to a

Customer Question

I bought a 75" Sony TV. I connected it to a DVR, then to a Sony surround sound system/VHS and a Sharp blue ray system. The DVR is on continuously. The TV and the surround system come on at the same time when I press the VHS Tuner button. The sound always comes on. Sometimes the TV picture comes on and sometimes it defaults to the antenna/cable input, which requires me to change the Input to the HDML MHL input using the TV remote control. How can I get the TV input to stay on the HDML MHL input position?
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

I need to gather some more information from you in order to help. Do you have anything plugged into that antenna/cable input?

Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, the incoming cable from my service provider is attached to the DVR. From there, an HDMI cable is attached to the HDMI MDL port on the back of the Sony TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, I am unavailable today. I am going to opt out of this question which will allow other experts to chime in.

Hold on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have not heard back regarding my question. No contact since
Steve G. opted out of my question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still no response