Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Get tv out of hotel mode

Customer Question

Get tv out of hotel mode
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I could give you a better and surer answer, I think, if I knew what brand, or maker, the TV in question is.

Often this sort of exiting-from-hotel-mode requires either that you have a special remote, or that you use the controls on the TV itself and no remote at all (i.e. hold down the MENU button on the TV itself not the remote, etc.)

But it depends upon the maker and model of the TV, so please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought I left this information in the other fields, sorry.
It is an LG, model 32LCD50C
Three methods I tried already :
-holding down menu on both remote and TV, nothing appeared
-holding down menu and entering 1105, did not have secret menu pop up
-I have a Logitech harmony 650 remote programmed to "watch tv" on HDMI 1 outlet, when I executed this and started up my Xbox (device connected to HDMI outlet) I received sound but no picture.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

32LCD50C does not seem to be a valid model #. Please look on the manufacturer's label on the back side of the TV, for the true model #, if it is at all possible to do so.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LG 32LC50C*, sorry.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Good, thanks for taking extra care to get that right, it helps. I'm researching the matter. Don't wait up for another posting though, it may not be until morning (it's nearly midnight where I am.)

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I found this, does this work for you?:

Press and hold down the OK button, on both the remote and the TV, for several seconds until the service menu appears.

Or: press and hold donw the MENU button on both remote and TV.

If you get anything from this, be very careful - changing settings here, in the service menu, can have very grave consequences.

Do not press OK if you are not sure whether you have changed a value in the service menu wrongly... OK saves the changes.

Look for 'HOTEL' - set it to 0 (or, zero) and then press OK when that's done, to get out of Hotel Mode.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't get the service menu to appear
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear that. I cannot think what can be wrong, except that perhaps your remote control is the wrong one. What maker and model # ***** ***** remote, please? is it the Harmony remote? if so, that won't work for this process... it has to be the original remote that matches this TV model, I think.

I am sorry to say it, but a Harmony remote won't work for getting the TV out of Hotel Mode.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I was at work earlier and forgot to respond. I actually got the hotel to swap tvs out and got it all running. Thanks for the help trying though
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I'm glad the problem had a solution.

Thank you for making good use of the advisory resources of JustAnswer.com. Please feel welcome to return at any time, and as needed, to ask another question, in any one of our numerous categories.