Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Toshiba 50inch Model#50l1350u Turned Tv on, screen started

Customer Question

Toshiba 50inch Model#50l1350u
Turned Tv on, screen started to shake, lines appeared on top quarter of screen, soon the lines started to disappear from left to right. What are my options?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up?if it does is the menu covered with these lines?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Menu screen comes up but shakes/bounces. No lines right now.

Hello

Please check the firmware

http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=3567373

If the firmware needs to be upgraded please carry that out there is a upgrade guide to go through first (click above link)

This is the first stage in a procedure of troubleshooting.

Let me know please

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried the firmware, but screen developed line and turned black with blue ribbon in middle, started to disappear from left to right.

You don't "try" the firmware you install it (if necessary) did you install it ?you wont need to install it the TV wont let you if its the same version, please understand you must follow each step there is no missing anything so if you did not install it please just say you can't do it

Let me know please

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Um, okay.No, it did not install.I can't do it.

You see its a stepping stone procedure you miss a stone you fall in the drink, now if you can't do it (I understand and this is not unusual)have you at least checked to see if you already have the same firmware version installed?the firmware is the data that controls the sets computer now if you go into the settings menu for the set it WILL be there it may be in the "about" menu but there will be a note as to what version of the firmware is running on the set, then compare it to what is in the guide

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Makes sense, I will look and compare and reply later this afternoon. Thanks.

OK we move on from there thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It appears the dates for loaded software on the tv and what's available through the link are different. However, within the tv itself it will not allow me to access the file saved to my thumbdrive. It doesn't recognize file.

Well that is something you are not doing correctly, its not dates actually but the firmware versions so it will be a number maybe followed by a decimal point and another number, if you cant do that then the next option is to replace the main-board (firmware pre-loaded).......

Let me know if you think you can do that

Anthony

How is this working out please?do you still want help please?

If not could you please rate the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band with this post.

Regards

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Downloaded file to thumb drive, inserted drive into USB port. Media setup within TV system does not recognize file(s). Maybe a zip file issue, not sure, but can't get TV to open/load file (firmware). At this point I'm frustrated because there appears to be nothing else to do if I can't get passed this situation.

If the firmware is zipped you MUST unzip it first using an unzip tool like winrar or even windows has this then using the unzipped section put that on the flash, the flash before doing that MUST be formatted correctly using whatever file allocation system usually FAT or FAT 32 another thing that sometimes is not mentioned there must not be anything else on the drive and the drive should be a 128 meg I always use a low value drive because I find the higher ones sometimes wont work, after this the only other thing you can do is contact toshiba and see if they will send it out to you.

I am sorry you are having trouble however the answer is correct and is on going so I do need you to rate the answer positively so I receive credit from the site the question will remain open always

Anthony