Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a 42 inch LCD Vizio I bought back in 2009. I've had

Customer Question

I have a 42 inch LCD Vizio I bought back in 2009. I've had no problems with it until a few nights ago when we cut the TV on it just sits on the Vizio home screen that generally pops up when first turned on bug then goes straight to programming. I unplugged it for like 10 minutes and then it came back on. Well now it's doing the same thing but unplugging the power isn't solving my problem. Could you help me out? Thanks!
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Its not booting, you will need to replace the mainboard, do you think you can do this work yourself?I will provide all the relevant info for that, let me know please

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That Sucks. How much do they cost. I have no idea about replacing it but I can learn.

You need to get the back off the set, locate the main-board thats the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the part-number try www.shopjimmy.com first, if they dont have it google the part-number to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play)

Let me know if you need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, the session will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Regards

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much do these boards generally cost?

Around $100

For a tech to do this you would be looking at $300

Sorry its nothing easier

Let me know

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well that blows. I didn't think a 6 year old TV that hasnt even been used everyday would require that

Yes I just checked the board is around $90_$110

Yes I understand sometimes its best just to replace new particularly over 5 years.

Let me know if you need more info

Anthony

Can I help you any more with this please?

If all is good could you please rate the answer positively so I can receive credit from the site thank you, ***** ***** be a rating band with this post of stars or smileys thanks again

Anthony