Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

How do I remove snowy screen from 40"toshiba TV approx.

Customer Question

How do I remove snowy screen from 40"toshiba TV approx. 2 yrs old.?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

How are you viewing TV services please ?satellite/cable box/cable straight no box/antenna?

Let me know please

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cable box

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control is the menu clear please and normal?or snowy?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Snowy

So menu is snowy too , in that case there is very likely to be a problem with the t-con board, do you think you will be able to replace this plug in board yourself?I will provide all the necessary info for that

Let me know please

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can only try. I will let you know if it becomes to difficult for me

Before we get into that, if you try another input like a DVD player is it the same using that?do you have another input to try?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually menu screen is clear but TV screen is snowy

Its a good job you told me that it would have led to wrong diagnosis, please try and reboot the cable box by unplugging it from wallpower waiting 5 mins then replugging back in again, there is a signal problem, forget previous diagnosis

Let me know what happens when you reboot

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still snowy

OK I really do suspect the box here, you can prove that by trying another input like a DVD player if that is good then its the box 100%, if you have not got another input to try please just call out your provider as its looking 90% to be a box issue, you see the menu being clear puts the set in the clear and its signals issues

Let me know if you need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating band with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't quite understand what i am to do with the DVDs player. Also I checked with my cable provider and eve requested they send me another signal which they did but did not help.

If you try another input like a DVD player or even an old VCR anything other than the box and the TV is OK this check PROVES the box is bad.

Sending a signal WONT resolve the problem if the hardware is bad in the box, just to add we have problems with boxes ALL the time very day, its not unusual, so if you cant do the check you will need to get them out to swap the box, hopefully that is more clearer?

Anthony

The only thing OUTSIDE of the box is the LEAD from the box to the TV itself if that is HDMI please consider swapping it thank you

Let me know if you need more help

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What you are saying is to check to see if dvd is transmitting a pic tur ( which it is not)
The cable box needs to be replaced?

The DVD check is to PROVE if the set is OK......IT does not have to be a DVD playerit can be anything as log as its separate from the box, this check is to simply PROVE that the box is bad that's all.....its my belief that another input will prove the box is bad by working OK.....now what I am saying is if you DO NOT have another input to try please call out the box people who will simply replace the box.........I see this issue EVERY DAY its not unusual honestly...........

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, it's me again. I've installed anew cable box but still get a snowy picture. What should I do now??8

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control is the menu clear and good or is this affected ?the info you provide is my only way to diagnose the issue so please make sure you get it right thank you