Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Replaced the DMD chip on a EX240U DLP due to spots. Screen

Customer Question

Replaced the DMD chip on a EX240U DLP due to white spots. Screen looked good but after 30 min, a horizontal void appeared across the screen (no input cables conected)
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Did you fit exactly the same part-number chip as the original chip?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I called Mitsubishi to get the correct model/part number

No I am referring to the actual part-numbers on the chip itself, did you check if both were exactly the same?

Mitsubishi won't send anything except to approved service centers can you tell me the supplier who sent you the chip thanks.

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure-win off amazon. It's the only way to get the chip. $185.00 for a $500 projector. That without labor. Now that I learned how to completely take this machine apart to get at the chip, I can verify the part #. I work in school and can't get to it until later. Even though it has a unique shape, it can still be the wrong chip?
My original concern was is the void a chip issue or I thought I did something wrong putting the machine back together.

They look the same but the part-numbers have to match let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The original is 1076-6039BThe replacement is 1076-6439B
When type it in google, it shows six different numbers for various brands leading you to believe that these similar numbers are compatible.

I can tell you by experience if you do not fit the original part-number things can go wrong, the spec of that chip will be different from the original and nearly always when I pass this advice on to others that have done the same as you they may have to wait for one to become available but its worked.

And yes some of the suppliers of the chips are dubious even amazon is dubious you should try www.encompassparts.com or www.partstore.com

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both sites you gave me do not stock that chip. Amazon wants me to take a picture to verify they sent me the wrong chip. I will see if they actually have that exact number.
Further research shows 1076-6038B as compatible chip that pops up on several sites.

I am not saying they are not compatible however experience has shown that sites are "guessing" they are, there is no chart from the manufacturer to say which is compatable and which is not we have the same problem with boards its why the original part-number is ***** the best way, incidentally some chips are "copied" so they are not reliable anyhow, sorry to throw poor light on this.

Yes show amazon the results I believe it is that chip

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The vendor asked for a picture of the chip and they responded that my chip is no longer made and what they gave me is the most current one. That being said, the white dots are gone but a horizontal void exists. The good news is I have a 2nd operational machine. My thought is to put the new chip in the other machine to verify the chip. If you agree and it works, what should my next step be?

If the set is the same model number (not stringent) has the same chip as your one (original) then yes you could verify it that way chances are it wont be the same chip there are many different varieties hence the part-number

Trying another input would have proved it was indeed the box because the geometry of the picture will be good