Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My model Vg42om or VL420m TV that cuts off, no picture or

Customer Question

My model Vg42om or VL420m TV that cuts off, no picture or sound. I heard that this is a problem with all the VIZO. I hAve problems for three years thinking that it was Time Warner. My new one was doing the same thing and Vizio and the removed the board. The Time Warner Tech said that is a bad problem with your TV,s. He move the connection to thee HDM14 then 12 then 13. Need help. (###) ###-####
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hi, First off- we're not Vizio- this is Just Answer which is a group of techs that repairs all brand and model of TV's. That being said- the problem you have is not exclusive to Vizio. Samsung, LG, Sony- you name it- all have this same problem. Vizio does not make their own parts- many of them are made by LG or Samsung, etc. That being said, what exactly is the TV doing- is it shutting itself OFF, or is it just losing picture and sound?