Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a new Sharp model LC-70UE30U TV and I need to turn

Customer Question

I have a new Sharp model LC-70UE30U TV and I need to turn the internal speakesrs off to program a Vizio 5.1 sound bar.
How do I do so?
Rex Thompson'(602)(###) ###-####
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, On this model- you don't need to shut off the speakers to connect to external devices, nor can you. Please tell me the model number of the Vizio soundbar and also what type of cable you are trying to use to connect the two devices.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Rex are you using an HDMI cable, an Optical cable or a set of RCA red and white cables?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I don't use the phone call option- and the site charges you extra for that. Please reply back on this page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not understand what is going on. I just paid how much and no phone call? I have connected my Vizeo SB3851-com with an optical cable and can get no audio on Netflix shows.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I program the Vizeo remote with the tv speakers on?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The TV will not play sound from it's built in apps using Optical first- only the HDMI ARC jack will do that.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Programming the Vizio remote has nothing to do with sound- there is a setup procedure in the TV that enables the external audio from the various ports. But if you want to listen from the built in APPS, then only HDMI ARC will accomplish this.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I'm pulling up the Sharp manual page for you right now.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

http://files.sharpusa.com/Downloads/ForHome/HomeEntertainment/LCDTVs/Manuals/80UH30U_eng_0617.pdf

Page 4-6 shows how to enable the audio from the HDMI ARC port, page 4-5 shows how to enable it from the optical port. Again though the TV apps won't work from optical. I'm also pulling up the Vizio manual to see if it supports HDMI ARC.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay the Vizio does not support HDMI ARC. Please refer to page 4-5 of the manual I posted above and enable the optical audio, this will get you sound from ALL OTHER connected sources (cable/SAT box, Blu Ray, etc.). If you want to listen to the TV built in APPS, then either a converter, or a different soundbar would be needed.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.