Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I was watching tv last night and suddenly the bottom half of

Customer Question

I was watching tv last night and suddenly the bottom half of the picture became vertical lines--green, red, yellow, and the real picture was squeezed into the top of the screen. What can I do to fix this? I've tried everything I can think of and what the installation book said to do but it didn't work. HELP!!!!
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

1. What is the full model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv
2. How long have you had the Tv?

3. If you press MENU on the original Tv remote or the tv itself, does the menu show up on the whole screen? Is it clear or do the colored lines show in the menu also?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Forget the whole thing. I thought you worked for Vizio. Cancel any charges for this experience.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

If you have owned the tv for more than 1 year, then it is out of warranty and Vizio will basically tell you to find a local repair shop. That will cost you 3x as much as this online service.

If you still don't need to proceed then cancelling charges is done by YOU contacting website customer service, not by typing it here.