Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My tv will not come on. Only a faint red light is blinking.

Customer Question

My tv will not come on. Only a faint red light is blinking. I have a dish for cable.the lights went out for a couple of hours.when they came back on. Only the cable box came on. Not the tv.I have altes unplugged and replugged everything more than twice. Please help!!!!!!#
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Can you please double check the model number off of the back of the Westinghouse set?

Also, how long have you owned it for and when did the problem occur?

Additionally, does the light on the TV start blinking as SOON as it's plugged in, or only after you press the power button?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Did you need assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It blinks only after the power button is pushed.
Ld_4255vx model#. I've never had this problem.i have owned the tv about 5 years
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the reply. We often see these sets develop faults after a power outage, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up. Try this procedure up to 3 times if subsequent tries do not work. Let me know what happens please.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I don't use the phone call feature and the site charges you more for that. Please reply back here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You already charged me $5 with a balance don't take anything out of my account.you did nothing for me.please refund my $5
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I don't charge anything- the site does that. I posted a procedure for you to try- did you see that??

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I'm an independent tech, the site charges you $5 to post a question, and then you work with me- which involves exchanging posts back and forth until we figure out what is wrong with the TV. Please tell me if you see the above reply (scroll up to see all replies), and then let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?