Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a Toshiba DVD/VCR that has experienced a Power Surge.

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba DVD/VCR that has experienced a Power Surge. Could this be reasonably repaired. If so is there a Toshiba Repair facility in the neighborhood of Ventura, CA Area code 93003 ??????????????????
George Rose email XXXXXXXXXXXX or Tel XXXXXXXXXX
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, George.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately these units are generally not practical to repair.

You will have internal hardware damage, meaning a fried power supply or control board. As these units are all at a minimum 5 years old, they are long discontinued and there are no readily available parts for them. Even when parts can be found, labor costs alone will be more than the value of the system.

Your best option at this point would be to replace the entire unit. That in itself becomes problematic as well though as vhs technology is now obsolete and no longer made. You may find a used unit, but could hopefully move on from vhs at this point and get just a standalone dvd player.

I can recommend replacement options for you (tell me a bit more about your needs) or help you find a local repair shop if you really wish to pursue that route.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgj1k

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.