Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a tachi 55HDS69 i have no picture or sound.I turn ie

Customer Question

I have a Hitachi 55HDS69 i have no picture or sound.I turn ie on and the power light comes on but no picture or sound. It was in input2 but I could not put it backk to input5. Please help!
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

1. How long have you owned the Tv?

2. Is the screen all black or do you see the input labels, volume level indicator, tv menu, etc on the screen?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I own the tv for 5 years. The screen is all black. There is nothing on the screen.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Please try:

-disconnect all audio/video cables from tv.

-unplug the tv power cord from the wall.

-press and hold the power button on the tv for 20 seconds and release button.

-plug in the tv power cord only and try to power on.

If the problem continues then unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, complex checks need to be performed, then parts ordered and installed. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can help you (you need a meter and some previous electronics experience). If you are unable or unwilling to perform these operations then a repair shop should be consulted.

I am here to help you. If you need more help reply back. Please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

I understand news of a failure is upsetting but clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,