Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a mitsubishi ws-a55 tv that will not turn on. The

Customer Question

I have a mitsubishi ws-a55 tv that will not turn on. The green power light comes on for a couple seconds and turns off.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

When the light goes out and only then hold down ON THE SET ITSELF the MENU and INPUT or DEVICE buttons for 6 seconds, the light in the front of the set will blink a two piece code like 2 blinks followed by 3 blinks as an example please let me know this code thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 blinks 2 blinks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I supposed to get an email ail, or are we supposed to chat?

Sorry I had to go out on calls that code means the convergence chips have failed you can get a kit for this here assuming you can repair this yourself

http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/ws-a55/

Please let me know if you need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it,if you have any concerns please don't rate instead get back to me and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Hello

Do you still require help with this please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry. Didn't see your response till Monday and have been very busy. Is the repair easy or will it require a technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much $$ is the repair kit

Its only easy if you can use a soldering iron reasonably well and are very very careful making a mistake will mean starting again with another kit, if you click the link above and go down the page you will see the kit is $69.95, there is a tutorial with the kit and all the relevant parts.

A tech would charge $300 for this if you need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area.

Please remember to rate the answer positively its the only way I receive credit from the site thank you, ***** ***** be a rating band with this post thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am on my phone right now. Will check it out when i get home and have the computer to see if it looks feasible

OK yes , that is good, if you can solder you should be OK with it

Anthony

Do you still require any more help with this please?

If not could you please rate the answer positively there will be a rating band with this post thank you ,rating positive enables me to receive credit from the site thank you

Anthony