Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Tv Tech1. I am having the same problem I see a lot of other

Customer Question

Hi Tv Tech1. I am having the same problem I see a lot of other people asking about online although the suggested "fixes" don't seem to be working for me. I have an LG 42PT35 tv which turned itself off yesterday nad won't turn on anymore. when we try to turn it on the red light goes out and we hear clicking like its trying to turn on and then another click and it turns off again and the red light comes back on.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Please understand I need to ask questions myself so I get a good understanding of the issue thanks again, the reason being there are many things that cause the same symptoms so it has to be narrowed down

Sorry your requested expert is not available, has this been an issue steadily getting worse or did this happen out of the blue?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Anthony,it just happened out of the blue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?

Its a common issue across all plasmas actually not just this model and there are more than one thing that can cause the issue so it needs to be narrowed down using a meter (volt/ohms/amp)if you can use one of those we will be able to decide what board has gone bad, as it stands the power-board or both scan boards are suspicious and maybe buffers.When that is decided the board is then ordered and fitted in the set I will provide all the info necessary for that

I am sorry its nothing easier.

Let me know if you can do this.

Anthony

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not very technical so I don't think I will be able to handle this. I was hoping it was a quick fix like so many other users seem to suggest.

No quick fix for a clicking plasma I am afraid it means one of the boards has gone short circuit, outside of that capacitors could be bad on the powerboard however this usually has a period of bad starting to begin with which is why I asked if it happened out of the blue.

Let me know if you need more info

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Understood. Ok I guess I'll have to take it into a repair shop. Thanks. I don't see the "reply to expert tab" your referred to above.

No problem (they may have removed the tab)

Please remember to rate positively before you go, if you change your mind or need further info please let me know thank you

Anthony

Is there anything else I can help you with this please?

Anthony

Anthony