Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

How do I get the siriusxm app on my samsung smart hub tv? I

Customer Question

how do I get the siriusxm app on my samsung smart hub tv? I have a auto account and also music over the internet. My Ipad is working fine and also my windows 10 computer. Netflix works fine on my samsung smart hub tv.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, this is simply not possible.

Samsung does not offer a sirius/xm app for their smartub enabled tvs. This is a limitation of the tv firmware.

These tvs are not like your computer or ipad, and do not have a full scale "app store" where items can be added at will. There is a small selection of apps available, which are the only options that can be used on the tv. The only way that would ever change is if samsung designs and writes a specially adapted version of the sirius/xm app to operate on the firmware of your particular tv. If/when that happens, it would be included with a future firmware update.
At this point though, I would not expect that to ever be release, as they very rarely ever add new functionality/apps like this.

Your best option would be to utilize an external streaming device such as a chromecast, roku, appletv, fire tv, and get all the same functions your tv already has and many more, including the sirius app.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,