Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Will my new vizio operate with just a coax cable? If not,

Customer Question

Will my new vizio operate with just a coax cable? If not, what kind of a box do I have to get to operate between the RF input cable and the Vizio TV
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

This is dependent more on the cable company than it is on the tv.

Your vizio does have a built in clear qam tuner, so it could pick up unecrypted basic cable channels.

Your cable co may or may not offer that feature though. Most cable companies these days encrypt all signals, and those that don't are slowly transitioning to it. Comcast does in virtually all markets, as does ATT Uverse.

What you'd need to do to try this is set the input mode to TV, go into the setup menu under initial setup in the channels/tuner section, set the mode to cable, and run the auto scan/auto program feature. If it finds channels that you can receive, you can certainly use it that way.

If it does not, then you'd need a box, but that is a box you'll have to rent/lease from your cable company.

Now if you don't subscribe to cable and are wanting to just get local stations, that is a different situation that I can explain more about. Just let me know.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgj1k

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,