Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Have some way t a button and am getting snowy picture. Have

Customer Question

Have some way hit a button and am getting snowy picture. Have pushed all buttons but can not get picture back
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, What's the model number off of the back of the TV?

Also how do you receive your broadcasts on the set- is there a cable/sat box in the mix here?

Do you have the original Sanyo remote please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HGSC5500201 sat box. No, Phillips remote
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have 3 TV's other 2 are working
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The other two TV's are un-related, this TV in question has had it's Input changed and it needs to be changed back. Now that number you posted does not show up as anything- it's not a model. You will need to go to the TV itself since you don't have the remote- and check the buttons on the set for one labeled "Input", or "Source". Please let me know if you can find that. If not, then please get me the model number off of the back of the set (it will be something like PFL40L800 or similar.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DP55441-01 Model number
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Find the buttons on the TV itself and look for one specifically labeled "Input", "Source", or "Video".

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
found
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still with me ?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Yes I am. Please use that button and select ALL of the video options on the TV- one of them should restore your picture. If it does not, then we will want to try a reboot of your cable box. Let me know what you see on each of the component, video 1, HDMI, etc. options.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All no signal.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, then something is wrong. Offhand, can you find out if the cable box is connected to this set using an HDMI cable? Or if not, is it a screw on (threaded) coaxial cable, or 5 colored component cables please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cables are red and yellow. This tv is not connected to sat., feeds off another tv
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Feeds off another TV? I'm lost on that one as TV's don't have Video Outs.

So if using red,white and yellow on this TV, the setting would be Video, or Composite.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I have told you every thing and you can not help me. Please do not charge me as stated and cancel. Thank you for trying.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I do not handle anything with billing, as I have been helping you unpaid. I will opt out and regarding billing you need to contact customer service from the home page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel !!