Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a 2008 Samsung LNT4071FX HDTV. When I first turn it

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Samsung LNT4071FX HDTV. When I first turn it on the screen takes almost 30 minutes to 'warm up'. Its starts with blotchy patches of light which then extends to the rest of the screen after 30 minutes. I took apart the TV and replaced both the main large boards. But the TV is still not working and is doing the same thing. Could it be that the actual LCD glass screen is bad or is there another part to it that I can buy and install? Thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info of TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem.
- Does TV display normal picture after some time?

- What large boards you are referring here that were replaced, can you get the part number off of boards?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both the 'main board' and the 'power board' were replaced from functional parts from online stores. SAMSUNG BN44-00167C FULLY FUNCTIONAL POWER BOARD MODEL LNT4071FX LNT4069FX and Samsung LN-T4071F main board BN97-01739L. The TV does display normal picture after about 30 minutes of 'warming up' were the light will spread to the rest of the tv.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info.

- Does the screen lit/glow instantly when power up the TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can also send pictures to you if needed. As soon as I turn it on it starts glowing in some areas then spreads to the rest of the tv.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Pictures would be great help to diagnose the issue, please click on 'add file' link to attache the picture files in this thread.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great. give me 5 minutes. thank you.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Sure, please take your time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are pictures of it before turning on, during, and also the back of the tv with the cover off. Also the "source" button flashes on the side of the tv; I took a picture of that as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the board in the center of the back and the large one on the right side of the picture too. And still nothing changed.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the pictures.

Unfortunately it is LCD panel internal failure and entire screen will be replaced to resolve the problem but it would cost more than new TV price of same size if still available with Samsung Parts in area. I wish I had better news about TV problem. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. Thats what I thought it was originally in the beginning of our conversation. I will rate you well but will I still be charged the additional fee over $5 for the full $27 even though I diagnosed the problem too? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was just charged the full price on my credit card but I didn't want that to happen unless I got an answer which I didn't know myself. Please make sure I get credited back.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Its up to you to rate me so I get paid by website for my work/ efforts and the pictures you posted actually helped a lot to confirm the diagnosis, without looking at TV screen (in real or through pictures) it wasn't possible to diagnose the issue.

Please contact customer service through following link if you don't wish to pay.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
Call: 1-***-***-****

I have no control over billing or charging amount etc.

Thanks.