Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Lightning t my tv system i,ve had the directv receiver

Customer Question

lightning hit my tv system i,ve had the directv receiver replaced, then only the yellow vizio light would come on, found a burned spot on the motherboard so i replaced it now the yellow vizio light turns white when turned on but the tv just blinks once and the screen stays black no logo
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, When you say you replaced the "Motherboard"- do you mean the "Mainboard"? This would be the one with the Audio/Video jacks located directly on it.

Also, where did you purchase that board from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i got the board from electro parts online
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the reply. If the screen blinks once then goes black- please shine a flashlight at a 45 degree angle at the screen and look very closely. Can you barely make out a dim shadowy image of the Vizio logo?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i can not make it out, but my flashlight is not very bright
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, are you able to tell if the backlights are actually ON or OFF?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they just blink once then go back out
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. This means your power board is actually out as well- which is common when lightning hits a TV. The Mainboard and power board are the two most common points of failure. You would need to replace your power supply board to fix the problem, which is available at the link below:

http://www.tvpartsguy.com/vizio-e420vo-power-supply-board-dps-198bpa-0500-0407-1030/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwwIKxBRDKhOz7ytT30vkBEiQAT1NaPekn5LYN7SQvxHmSwzbpkko8nFfBjygPCSChdYt-X2QaAma98P8HAQ

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.