Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

After installing NBN and a new modem in our home, we started

Customer Question

Hi, My name is***** installing NBN and a new modem in our home, we started having problems (which we didn't have before) with our TV reception, especial Channel 7 and a little less Channel nine. The picture and sound mostly on these two Channels stutter every few seconds. I will appreciate if you can explain to me what causes this interference. Thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

The wireless signals from the new modem may be causing interference, or some other wiring may have got disturbed during its installation, or it may just be coincidence and due to other external environmental factors.

A lot of other viewers have also reported loss of Channel 7 signal recently, and to improve the TV reception they have installed a signal booster on the antenna cable:

http://www.dicksmith.com.au/tv-video/antennas/signal-boosters

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if that resolves your question.

Have a good day!

Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete,
Thank you for answering. I will appreciate if you advise me what to do. Thank you.Have a good evening
Dimitrios
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dimitrios,

You will need to buy a signal booster and fit it to the antenna cable, then connect it to your TV to improve the signal.