Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a 42" LS5700 series tv - no picture. There is power

Customer Question

I have a 42" LS5700 series tv - no picture. There is power to the unit, but the screen is dark. Red light turns on solid for a few seconds, blinks several times and turns off.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions like the full model number of the tv so could you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?
By the way , this is NOT an answer so there is no need to rate yet.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jack,
The full model number is: 42LS5700-UA
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Thanks , a few questions coming up

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Did it quit while watching it or simply would not come on today ?
Any electrical storm or power blackout in your area prior to this ?
While its trying to turn on , do you get the sound ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The TV went dark while watching. No storms in the area and no sound.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then you lost the sound and picture , it turned off while watching ?

In that case the first thing to try would be this ;

Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.
Although i do not expect much out of this procedure , it has to be done to confirm that this problem can be cleared or not with a reset.
If that does not do it then we are looking at internal problems with the tv.

let me know how that goes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jack,
I tried the procedure (unplugged the tv, held the power button on for 20 sec, waited several minutes and plugged the tv back in, tried to start) and the TV is still dark.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Ok then as I said , I did not expect much out of it but it had to be tried

If that does not do it then you more than likely are looking at a power board that failed while you were watching the tv .

After the model number 42LS5700-UA can you see letters like AUSDLUR or AUSWLUR ?

There are 2 versions of that board for your tv and you can identify it with those letters or by the part number directly on the board

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The numbers are AUSDLUR
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then you got the EAY62608801 (EAX64427001(1.4)) Power Supply

how do you want to proceed from here ?
Look into this yourself or the repair shop ?

Let me know and i will help you along if you wish to look into repairing this yourself ,otherwise i will give you the details and costs you could expect.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you do not mind can you give me the details on both options to better make a decision?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

No problem

Here is a couple of link where you can get it ;

http://tvpartsforsale.com/LG-EAY62608801-Power-Supply_p_4107.html

Or this one;

http://www.myshoptvs.com/marketplace/3994-lg-42ls5700-power-supply-eay62608801-eax6442700114-p6492.html

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the links below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
Or this one;
http://www.tvrepairman.com

This will give you a list of repair shops in your area.
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate so i get paid for my time helping you and you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions or need help with that board , thank you

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer , this is how I make a living and that rating gets me paid for my time.
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thanks for understanding .