Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Vizio E600I-B3 TV. I keep getting a message that

Customer Question

I have a Vizio E600I-B3 TV. I keep getting a message that says;
your TV does not support this program's content protection. Replacing the TV's HDMI cable with component cables will allow you to view the program.
I have had this TV for a year and have never gotten this message. The screen is reduced and there is no sound. Then the screen goes white
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info of TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem.
This is not an answer so do not rate it.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
direct TV. I can use Netflix successfully, but today the TV is giving me the message about HDMI cable. I have had difficulty with direct TV saying the TV has a resolution problem also and I am constantly reseting the box. Then the TV Works fine. The other tvs in the house do not have this problem
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info - Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just unplugged the box. The main plug is in the wall behind the TV which is mounted on the wall
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, you can switch off to cut the AC supply to TV to get it reset.

Please reply back with the result after plugging back in 10 minutes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what the AC supply is. I unplugged two cords from the box. Hope that works. I'll let you know in a few minutes. I can't unplug the plug from the wall because of the way it is placed on the wall behind the TV. I cant take the TV off the wall
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I understand, usually there would be a Switch on the wall outlet so tuning that switch to Off will do the work, its same as you pull the plug because both ways TV would not get power from wall outlet so it will get reset.

I';; be waiting the info how it worked.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a wall switch to do that. Right now I am getting No signal from Direct TV. I'm wondering if the whole problem isn't connected to a problem with Direct TV. I think I will call them and see. Thank you for your help. It makes sense, but I can't unplug the wall plug
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

No problem, give Directv box some time to boot up fully and hopefully you will get picture on TV.

If Directv box doesn't boot up then it would have got internal failure and they will replace it to resolve the issue. TV seems just fine. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shahid,
I got my answer through Direct TV. I am requesting a refund since my problem did not get solved on Just answer. How do I go about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't feel I should rate you since it was my decision to get in touch with Direct TV who solved the problem
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, please check following link or call on number to customer service for any billing issue.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
Call: 1-***-***-****

Thanks.