Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I broke the cable connector on the back of sharp 40 inch try

Customer Question

I broke the cable connector on the back of sharp 40 inch try to solder to no avail so i bought a new mother board it matched up perfectly so when i connected it the signal is good but picture is grainy can you help me
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, What's the model number off the back of the TV?

Where did you purchase the Mainboard from?

What source is connected to the TV (cable box with HDMI, coaxial direct from wall to TV, etc.)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LC-40433u
Electro parts online
Cable box regular screw on type not HDMI
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, if the picture is grainy it's either the connections to the Mainboard, the Mainboard itself is faulty, or the cable box is the cause of the problem. First, reboot the cable box by disconnecting it from power then removing and reconnecting the coaxial cable- making sure it is secure, then plug the box back in. Also if you have one, I would suggest using a DIFFERENT coaxial cable from the box to the TV. When there's any short from the center of the cable to ground (the shield), this will cause the picture to be very grainy. If the issue occurs after replacing the coaxial and also rebooting the cable box, then I would suggest having the cable company swap the box out- as the coaxial port breaking on your old Mainboard could have caused the processor in the cable box to be compromised.

Beyond this, remove the back of the TV and re-seat the connections to the Mainboard- making sure all pins are securely seated in the connectors tightly.

If the issue goes beyond this, then the new Mainboard you received is at fault and I would swap it for an exchange.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I don't use the phone call facility and the site charges you more for that. Simply reply back here if you need more help.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?