Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Samsung 6350 50 inch Def TV that I cannot get the

Customer Question

I have a Samsung 6350 50 inch Hi Def TV that I cannot get the picture mode to work correctly while watching sports it cuts off the sides
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect
Zoom
HD Zoom
Ratio
(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. Let me know what happens.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same thing no fixing I still cannot see the sides of the picture on both sides
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I need the Make and Model of your Cable Box. And please reply back with which of those above buttons you have on your cable remote.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

On the front of the box- it'll say Explorer 4300HD or something similar- and you tried ZOOM, and HD Zoom? Please let me know as this is important in solving the issue,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Motorola dch6416
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no zoom on the remote for the box I did use zoom on the Samsung deal Samsung remote and zoom 1 zoom - 16.9 + 4.3 then it has but I cannot access wide fit screen fit or Smart View
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also used the pound key underneath the number 9 on the cable box
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I found the solution.

You need the Samsung remote for this, then press MENU, and access the following options:

MENU > Picture > Picture Size > Picture Size

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Try all of these settings to see which one adjusts the picture so that you can see all of it:

16:9 Set the picture to the 16:9 wide-screen format. ● Zoom1 Magnify 16:9 pictures vertically. A magnified picture can be moved up and down. ● Zoom2 Magnify Zoom1 picture even more. A magnified picture can be moved up and down. ● Wide Fit Enlarge the aspect ratio of the picture so it fits the entire screen. Enjoy 4:3 images as undistorted 16:9 images. ● 4:3 Sets the picture to basic 4:3 mode. ● Screen Fit Displays the full image without any cutoff. ● Smart View 1 Reduces a 16:9 picture by 50%. ● Smart View 2 Reduces a 16:9 picture by 25%.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The wide fit does not work will not let me highlight it nor will screen fit or SmartView
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

What about screen fit?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Anything?