Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Samsung dlp M# HLS5686W the 3 lights are on front I

Customer Question

i have a Samsung dlp M# ***** the 3 lights are on front I tried Mute 182 power to reset counter and did not work. I was messing with it last week and got it to go on. Its off again and is making a whistle noise. The lamp was coming on for a brief second last night but can not get it to work. I did order new lamp to replace it anyway but do not see anything wrong with it. read that it might be a fan or wheel but could it be the balat making a whistle noise and could the fan make it go off. what can i do. Noland was helping me but needed to set up an account.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Tim Nolan is no longer with the site. I will be glad to help you. Now- you can't tell if the lamp is bad by simply viewing it. These are gas-charged lamps and can appear the same whether good or bad. Can you tell me when the last time was that the lamp was replaced?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to see my reply?