Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

How do you manually turn on the power to sony television

Customer Question

how do you manually turn on the power to sony television model UN46B8000 ? MY REMOTE TV CONTROL DOES NOT WORK.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions so could you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?
By the way , this is NOT an answer so there is no need to rate yet.

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

For example you must mean a SAMSUNG tv ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a samsung
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then I will upload a picture in a minute to show you where the power button is

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

This is from your TV's manual , click the link below;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/49ndhwbwoyr33gm/2015-10-12_1950.png?dl=0

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions , thank you .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I saw this in the manual but this works with a remote only. My remote does not work. How do you turn tv on manually??
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

It says PRESS to turn ON/OFF

Did you try to press it ?

By theway , do you still have the remote and think it does not work because the tv doesn`t turn on ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Or do you know for sure the remote is the problem ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The remote is not the problem. It is a new remote from Comcast store and this remote works on my other Samsung TVs
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then the tv is the problem

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

What do you mean Comcast store , don`t you have the TV's own remote ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

That center button act as a remote sensor and also as on/off button when you press on it .

What is the tv doing now if anything ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then may be this would be time for a change of strategy .

When you say "nothing " , does that mean completely dead like Is there a light or blinking light at the front , clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I unplug the tv and re plug it a blue light flashes at base of tv for a few seconds
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

I`m sorry but something came up and I have to step out so I will repost your question

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.
DO NOT rate or it will hinder the repost .
Just stand by and someone should be with you shortly .
PS. Do not reply to this or it will be sent back to me instead of reposted.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My name's Aric and I'm a different expert. It appears your Samsung set has a fault internally that's causing the problem. Usually in the Mainboard or Power Board- and this generally requires service to the set.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up. Try this procedure up to 3 times if subsequent tries do not work. Let me know what happens and we can proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.