Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have an LG Model 55L V440 TV andhaving difficulty

Customer Question

I have an LG Model 55L V440 TV andhaving difficulty connecting a Sennheiser TR 840 to it for a hearing impaired family member. Can you assist? It would bevery much appreciated.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Offhand the reason you're running into problems is that the TV does not use analog audio outputs- it uses a Digital Optical- which is not directly compatible with headphones. A workaround would be to connect the ed and white audio outs of a cable box directly to the headphone transmitter.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Or another alternative is to purchase a small optical to analog converter- connect it to the TV using the optical port (and an optical cable), then connect the headphone transmitter base to the converter using the analog jacks. The converter can be purchased at the link below:

http://www.parts-express.com/dac-digital-to-analog-audio-converter-optical---coaxial---usb--180-998

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need further assistance- and please scroll UP the page to see all replies.