Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Panasonic VCR/DVD recorder and a Sony HD TV and the

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic VCR/DVD recorder and a Sony HD TV and the clear tv antenna. How do I hook this up so that I can record shows on TV. In addition, what channel do I have to have on for the VCR/DVD. I think it is Channel 3, but I can not get channel 3 on my tv. I can get channel 4. What do I do?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

I will need the model number of the TV please found on the back of the TV?

I will also need the model number of the VCR/DVD also found on the back?

Have you used this antenna before and its previously worked ok?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The number for the TV is kdl46ex645 Sony hd TV. The number for the VCR is dmrez47n. If you need any more information please let me know. Thanks in advance for your help. I just want to get this up and running.

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just recently purchased this antenna called clear TV and for my standards it works good. I can get the major network stations like abc, CBS, NBC. It comes in very clear. I just want to be able to hook up my VCR/DVD player to it to record shows when I am at work and watch them later. Before I moved to where I live now I had direct TV, but I want to get away from the monthly bill. If you have anymore questions please let me know. Thanks in advance for your help.

OK that is fine I will get on now with finding out the best way for you to hook up, because you are using an antenna you will need to auto-tune both the TV and the DVD

Please just give me 5 to 10 mins thanks

Anthony

Firstly I want you to watch this from Sony pick out dvd /vcr combo

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/tutorial-display.pl?tut_id=438&mdl=KDL46EX645 <<click

Let me know if there is anything you do not understand about the tutorial

Anthony