Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Nathan,
My name is ***** *****
I just moved and

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Nathan,
My name is ***** *****
I just moved and hooked up my TV but there is no sound
picture is perfect
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am technologically challenged. I have a sound bar but if I can set up TV using the speaker on the TV I prefer that
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What is the make/model of the tv? Soundbar?

What is connected currently (cable/sat box, antenna, dvd, etc)?
Are you getting sound through the soundbar currently, or nothing at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is an Hp 1080p I only have cable hooked in and that is working... I do not want to use sound bar just TV. The picture is beautiful but there is no sound.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Vizio not HP
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

So is the sound coming through the soundbar currently?

There are a few things to check. First of all, press the menu button on your vizio tv remote, and you'll see an on screen menu. Use the arrow buttons to move the the Audio/Sound menu and press the enter/ok button. From there, check for a speakers setting, and we want to make sure the tvs internal speakers are turned on or enabled.

They were most likely just turned off before so they would not conflict with the soundbar.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The sound bar is not connected and I don't want to connect it if I don't have to.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the speaker setting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see it when I go to quick menu and there don't appear to be any other menus I can reach
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

It doesn't matter if the soundbar is connected or not.
This isn't the same as the quick menu, it is the main menu which has things like picture and sound options.

Look on the vizio tv remote (not a dvd remote, not a cable remote, etc).

You'll see Audio there.

If you could give me the complete model number of the tv I can be more specific

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The remote turns tv on and off and that is all None of the options are working on the remote
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Then you are using the wrong remote. Are you sure you are using the original vizio tv remote and not a cable/satellite remote (which is fine for power and changing channels but will not adjust the menus at all).

Worst case, you can use the buttons on the side of the tv.
menu to start, channel and volume buttons to navigate and input button for enter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is the remote that it came with. The channel changes with cable remote. Can it be that the remote is broken? I was trying to get to the menu with side button but it only goes to quick remote.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

yes that is possible.

The button on the remote should clearly be labeled as setup or menu

If you can look at the sticker on back of the tv and give me the model number, I can be more specific.