Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have model #E7011-A3, Serial #LFTRNXBP3202329. I Haven't

Customer Question

I have model #E7011-A3, Serial #LFTRNXBP3202329.
I Haven't got a picture including not showing the Vizio logo at startup. The set will be 2yrs old December 7, 2015. Do you have a service center that I can send it to in my area. I live about 80 miles southwest of Chicago.
Please help!!!!
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Just so you understand you are at a pay-per-answer website, I am a technician with considerable experience with Vizio, if its a technician you are looking for www.tvrepairpros.com <<<click will locate a tech in your area.

If you want further advice on what the issue you could be and potential costs please let me know.

If you want to pursue a Do-It-Yourself repair also let me know, it will probably mean replacement of a board.

I only receive credit from the site when you rate the answer positively there will be a rating band with this post thank you

Regards

Anthony

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. If the Vizio logo does not display on the screen, then the backlights in the set are not functioning, and this would require repairs in most cases.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up. Try this procedure up to 3 times if subsequent tries do not work. Let me know what happens and we can proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you still have the same problem, then the power supply/inverter board has failed- which is commonly a $300 repair on this set- since the set is out of warranty. If you know someone who is handy with electronics, I can provide a link to the part for you to purchase.

Alternatively, if you're not comfortable with this type of repair, any shop can replace the power supply/inverter for you, and you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Please disregard my posts- and rate Anthony if you're happy with his reply. His posts above were not showing when I engaged the question.

It looks like previous expert has answered when he should not have please disregard his reply and continue with my conversation as it happens it looks like he answered mistakenly aimed at someone else

Anthony