Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

How to minimize or eliminate soap opera effect on

Customer Question

How to minimize or eliminate soap opera effect on TC-50AS530U television when watching blue ray movies?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

On these models the function is called cinema smoothing, which is the panasonic name for motion smoothing on led displays.

Go into the setup menu and try putting it into game mode to see if you're happy with that. It disables most of the video processing.

Alternately, you can go into the picture settings then "motion picture" and set it to off.

Best regards,

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgj1k

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,