Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have no sound on my panasonic - model no. TC-p4u2u

Customer Question

Hello: I have no sound on my panasonic - model no. TC-p4u2u
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

Are you saying you've rebooted your ATT box by disconnecting it from power then plugging it back in? Or that you simply shut it off and then turned it back on?

Also, how old is the TV please?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to see my reply?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.

Please follow the steps below:

1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box from power.

2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).

3) Plug the cable box back into power, and once it's rebooted, turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player on the TV and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the TV, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.